Azure App Service is an HTTP-based service for hosting web applications, REST APIs, and mobile back ends. You can build Web App using the ASP.NET, PHP, Node.js and Python. Applications run and scale with ease on both Windows and Linux-based environments.
App Service not only adds the power of Microsoft Azure to your application, such as security, load balancing, autoscaling, and automated management. You can also take advantage of its DevOps capabilities, such as continuous deployment from Azure DevOps, GitHub, Docker Hub, and other sources, package management, staging environments, custom domain, and TLS/SSL certificates.
Features of Azure Web Apps:
- Multiple Languages and Frameworks: Web Apps supports multiple languages and frameworks, including ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, Java, Ruby, Node.js, PHP, and Python. PowerShell and other scripts or executables can also be used as background services.
- Global Scale and Availability: Manually or automatically scale up or down. With Web Apps, you can host your apps anywhere in Microsoft’s global datacenter infrastructure.
- Easy Deployment: We may use DevOps features with Web apps and deploy our applications straight from source code repositories such as Visual Studio Team Services, GitHub Bitbucket, and others.
- Security and Compliance: App Service complies with ISO, SOC, and PCI standards. Users can log in using their Azure Active Directory, Google, Facebook, Twitter, or Microsoft accounts.
- Visual Studio Integration: Dedicated tools in Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code make it easier to create, deploy, and debug code.
- API and Mobile Features: App Service simplifies mobile app scenarios by enabling authentication, offline data sync, push notifications, and more, as well as providing turn-key CORS support for RESTful API scenarios.
- Serverless Code: Run a code snippet or script whenever you want, without needing to provision or manage infrastructure, and only pay for the compute time your code really requires.
- Managed Production Environment: The OS and language frameworks are automatically patched and maintained through App Service.
- Application Templates: In the Azure Marketplace, you may choose from a variety of application templates, including WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.